Check out our new section: Gardening Articles
VIDEO: Our goal is to show that composting is a viable option for schools, homes, and businesses alike.
Garden Book for Houston and The Texas Gulf Coast, River Oaks Garden Club, 5th edition, 2013, edited by Lynn Herbert,
ISBN 978-0-578-09149-6 Highly Recommended.
This is the most complete book on how to garden in Houston. It explains the most modern methods in
horticulture in a very easy to read manner with lots of pictures, charts
and tables. The focus is on using the best methods based on sustainability to make your garden beautiful and safe for you, your family and pets, while saving one a lot of time
and money in the process. The editor has done a fabulous job of compiling it with input from experts in each area discussed and based on proven results. For anyone that has a
lawn or garden this book has joined the "must have" category of references.
We now have the famous patio egg in stock!
This Patio Egg is an easy, safe and effective way to help deter mosquitoes and other biting insects from your patio and other outdoor living areas.
About the wondrous Egg:
- The Egg comes to you UNSCENTED
- You scent the Egg and bring it to life as a MOSQUITO DETERRENT(all materials and clear instructions are included)
- The Egg is a strong yet very porous ceramic piece
- As you add the scent to the Egg through the opening in the top of the Egg, WONDEROUS THINGS HAPPEn...
- The fragrance naturally migrates up the inside of the Egg and the pleasant floral scent will hatch within 24 hours.
- The entire Egg is saturated with scent through and through...
- Sitting on its glazed base or hanging in its nest of netting, the Egg radiates fragrance in all directions and natural air currents
carry the fragrance over the entire patio area (200-300 sq. ft.)...
- Your wondrous Patio Egg has become a truly effective and continuous source of mosquito protection 24/7 for many months...
- This DEET FREE scent derived from natural essential oils. It is safe for pets and the entire family with a pleasant floral scent people
like and biting insects hate.
- The Patio Egg deters biting insects yet kills no insect good or bad.
- A fuss free way to keep mosquitoes away.
We have a great new book:
Organic Management for the Professional $39.95
Howard Garret, John Ferguson, And Mike Amaranthus,
2012, ISBN 978-0-292-72921-6
"Dead Doctors Don't Lie" C.D $5.00
"The Beast of Dead Doctors Don't Lie"; C.D $5.00
Dr. Joel D. Wallach B.S., D.V.M., N.D.
Realistic, Light-weight, Decorative Faux Boulders
These beautiful faux boulders have a wide range of uses in your landscape. We currently have a varied
selection of sizes available. These faux boulders can be used alone or mixed and matched and used
- as decorative accent pieces
- to create beautiful water features
- to cover a well, cistern, utility box, telephone box and/or a backflow preventer
- in your backyard setting where heavy, real rock boulders cannot easily be placed
Heavy-duty, Collapsible Tomato Cages in time for the Fall Garden.
These tomato cages fold flat for easy, convenient storage.
Tomato Cage (large) $21.97 each
Tomato Cage (medium) $20.37 each
Tomato Cage Extension (large) $13.97 each
Tomato Cage Extension (med) $13.97 each
"Ant Control - the Correct Advice" (pdf format)
"A Green Guide to Yard Care" (pdf format)
"Build Your Own Rain Barrel" (pdf format)
"How to Design and Construct a Rain Garden" (pdf format)
"Water Smart Home" (pdf format)
Earlier Articles will be found in Fact and Infosheets Section
We have a great new book for our climate to help our customers plan their garden. One of
the biggest secrets to having a green thumb is using the right plant in the right place.
Some Like It Hot - Plants That Thrive in Hot and Humid Weather
P.J. Gartin and F. Brian Smith, Wyrick & Company, 2004,
Listen to the Dirt Doctor Radio Show each weekend on KSKY 660 AM in Dallas/Fort Worth
and KNTH 1070 AM in Houston. Sunday 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Listen to the Gardenline Radio Show each weekend on KTRH 740 AM Saturday
and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - noon for gardening and landscaping information.
Randy welcomes guest John Ferguson from Nature's Way Resources to talk all things soil,
mulch, and more!
Randy and John continue the soil and mulch conversation in the final hour of today's edition of The
To listen the interview you will need to have a program called RealPlayer™ installed on your computer, to download click on the button bellow.